2020/21 SEPTA Scholarship Application Deadline is May 7, 2021
The Fairfield SEPTA Scholarship application acceptance period is now open. All Fairfield Public Schools, in district students with an IEP or 504 plan are eligible, Remote only Students are also eligible. Application must be in to me by May 7, 2021 No exceptions
To be considered: Applicants must Complete the application, submit an essay as well as attend an interview, As of right now those interview will be via Google meet.
For the essay (Essay should be approximately 250-500 words) please reflect and describe the following 5 areas:
- How has your disability affected your high school experience?
- What actions have you taken to overcome its impacts?
- Describe your plans for this Scholarship.
- How will this money help with your future education?
- Why do you believe the committee should award you this scholarship?
Students should submit the application and essay via email (Scan and send) to email@example.com or mail: Fairfield Warde High School Attn: Chris Librandi/Transition Specialist – SEPTA Scholarship 755 Melville Ave. Fairfield, CT 06825
1) The SEPTA Scholarships are awarded each June to deserving Fairfield Special Education students. These students have spent all or part of their schooling in the Special Education Department. The Scholarship monies are intended to help students with the costs of higher education.
2) Eligible students submit an application for Scholarship to the SEPTA Scholarship Committee. The committee includes members of SEPTA and representatives from the Special Education Department at each High School.
3) The Scholarship decisions are based on objective and subjective criteria.
a) Objective criteria include: academic performance, school activities, sports, clubs, after-school activities, jobs.
b) Subjective criteria include: multiple essays, teacher recommendations, interviews.
4) The SEPTA Scholarship is a one-time award. Students are monitored on an on-going basis by members of the Fairfield Special Education Department.
5) No special consideration is given to students or their families that have any connection to the Fairfield SEPTA organization.
6) Please see links for Student Application. Completed Applications can be turned into your Learning Center Case Manager or your School Counselor at any time prior to the deadline