The Fairfield SEPTA Scholarship application Acceptance period is now open!
Deadline: May 1st
All FPS in district students with an IEP or 504 plan are eligible. Either in district or out of district (placed by the PPT) is eligible and encouraged to apply.
Application must be received by May 1, 2023. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions.
There will be a brief in-person interview at some point in May this year as well as review of and completion of the application/essay.
Students can · Email (Scan and send) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Sanzaro/Transition Coordinator
Fairfield Warde High School
755 Melville Ave
Fairfield, CT 06825
1) The SEPTA Scholarships are awarded each June to deserving Fairfield Special Education students. These students have spent all or part of their schooling in the Special Education Department. The Scholarship monies are intended to help students with the costs of higher education.
2) Eligible students submit an application for Scholarship to the SEPTA Scholarship Committee. The committee includes members of SEPTA and representatives from the Special Education Department at each High School.
3) The Scholarship decisions are based on objective and subjective criteria.
a) Objective criteria include: academic performance, school activities, sports, clubs, after-school activities, jobs.
b) Subjective criteria include: multiple essays, teacher recommendations, interviews.
4) The SEPTA Scholarship is a one-time award. Students are monitored on an on-going basis by members of the Fairfield Special Education Department.
5) No special consideration is given to students or their families that have any connection to the Fairfield SEPTA organization.
6) Please see link above for Student Application. Completed Applications can be turned into your Learning Center Case Manager or your School Counselor at any time prior to the deadline